11 January 2019
Taylor Shaw, our new caterers have new menus and made various changes within the lower iLZ, creating a vibrant environment for our pupil to enjoy their school meals. Copies of the new menus are available now on our school website and on this link. We hope that pupils have also enjoyed the initial incentive draw to win an iPad. The winning pupil will be announced shortly within school.
We want all pupils to enjoy a healthy and nutritious meal. There are a number of circumstances where our pupils are able to receive a free school meal. You may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child, up to the age of 19-years-old, if you (or your child) get one of the following:
• Income support
• Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Universal Credit
There are many advantages to claiming free school meals. Firstly, it can ensure your daughter receives a healthy meal during the school lunch break. Additionally, our school receives important additional funding to support the learning of our pupils on free school meals. This funding is used in a variety of ways, examples include additional targeted support and mentoring, assistance with educational visit costs, access to online study resources and books.
For more information and to complete an online application form visit: www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham/apply.