Faculty Leader of Science
Faculty Leader - Science
Permanent Contract. MPS/UPS + TLR 1
From January 2023
Following the promotion of our existing Faculty Leader of Science to Senior Leadership, the governors of Hodge Hill Girls’ School are looking to appoint a passionate, enthusiastic, and driven Faculty Leader of Science to join its dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help continue to raise standards across our recently inspected ‘Good’ school (Ofsted, March 2022).
You will have the ability to implement improvement and have a passion for raising standards and encouraging pupils to develop a love of learning. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious leader ready to take the next step in their career. Our success can be credited to our committed and dedicated staff who strive for excellence and promote high aspirations throughout the school.
The successful candidates will:
- Have recent and relevant professional development
- Have excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build on success and manage change
- Show commitment to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and pupils alike and builds on our current Ofsted rating
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing and implementing change
In return, we can offer you:
- A caring and happy community that always puts our young people first
- A supportive environment that takes an active interest in your professional development and personal wellbeing.
- A highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Access to a wide range of CPD courses
- Use of a school laptop
- Access to the local government pension scheme
- 24 hours access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong and supportive Governing Body
- Classrooms equipped with projection and interactive capabilities
- A well-equipped staffroom
- Free on-site car parking
Found in the heart of the Hodge Hill community, we are a small secondary girl’s school with strong community values. We know and care for every pupil as an individual. We strive to meet the needs of each member of our school community, celebrating diversity and always striving for equality in our school family and the wider world.
Our ethos encourages mutual respect and support to enable every pupil to make the greatest personal, social, and academic progress during their time with us, preparing them for successful careers and fulfilling lives. A relentless drive for the best academic progress for each individual pupil, sits comfortably alongside the wider curriculum where values education embraces citizenship, pupil voice, charity, and community work.
Here at Hodge Hill Girls' School, we genuinely value and strive to enhance working partnerships with our families, feeder schools and our local community. This partnership is essential in raising standards and achievement, every member of our family has a role to play in raising the aspirations of all our pupils to ensure we really are "Educating Tomorrow's Women Today".
Salary: £25,714 - £41,604 + (TLR1 £8,291)
Closing Date: 29 June 2022, 12.00pm